Like with most "things" I am kind of sad that the task is complete. I really enjoyed the journey and all my non-techy friends are sooo impressed with my skills. I have shared the idea of Library2play and the 23 thing challenge with my principal and the central office staff. Maybe my district will get on board with technology training.
Now, to complete Thing #23, My top 3 favorite things are mashups, flickr, and blogs in general. I started the summer wanting to learn how to blog so that I could possibly reach more of my students where they are (in cyberspace) and now I have a blog going complete with cool widgets and a toolbox full of ideas to try out on the darlin's.
As previously stated, I did enjoy the process immensely and will encourage others to learn techy skills using SBISD professional development.
I was very surprised at how easily I was able to complete each thing. The way the things are laid out into weeks made me think this would be a long and arduous task. But some of the things took about 20 minutes to accomplish while others I am still learning about and exploring. I also learned how to perform other skills too. Like the little chain link thing in the tool bar...I never knew what it was for but I do now.=)
I really like that every attempt was made to lead the non-tech person through the process. It really was like the teacher was looking over my shoulder giving me instructions and encouragement. Keep that going...
I would love to participate. Please contact me when ya'll get a second one going...arholder2003@yahoo.com
One word or sentence. Hands down this was the most beneficial inservice I have received in 3 to 5 years. Definitely worth doing.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What happened to Thing 22?
Doug
Never mind. I found it. Just out of order.
Happy ning-ing,
Doug
Post a Comment