Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thing #12 Creating Community Through Commenting

1. I think it is important to always remember to be constructive in responses to others blogs. It is, as in regular conversation, okay to disagree; which can and should be done with respect for the other person's opinions. The second thing I liked is cool cat teacher's comment about being aware of Darth Commenters. I have found this to be true in regular conversation too. I have learned which of my friends will tear down all ideas and suck the enthusiasm out of every possible molecule of my being which others will build ideas up into the ranks of inventing the light bulbs and the cure for cancer. So, I think a person has to learn to take comments with a grain of salt as the saying goes.

2. I have posted comments about Thing #5, Thing #6, each of those was anonymous. Beacause I couldn't figure out how to leave a comment under my name. I did figure it out by the way....wasn't using my full email address as my user name. I have also posted on the main blog under my name, Mrs. Holder. I will post a comment here on Thing 12 and I will go back and post on Thing 10.

3. My first experience with a blog was Classroom Power. This blog is about something called power teaching which is almost totally free (most of it is). Power teaching is a classroom management tool that was developed by someone in CA and is moving across the country. It is based on keeping kids on task and acitively involved in what is being taught. My second blog and the one that made me want to take up blogging was adventuresinscience.edublogs.org. This lady really has it going on. Since then I have been to several and have found things that I like and want to immulate.

No comments: