Physical Science
Mrs. Annette Holder --- Room 117
Dear Parent/Guardian: It is a privilege for me to have your child in science class this year. I believe it is going to be a terrific year. I have several projects/activities planned that I feel the students will enjoy. Plus, I have learned several teaching strategies that I believe will assist students in mastering Physical Science concepts. However, they will still have to be prepared for class. You should expect to see homework several times a week and you should also be asked to look at your child's notebook and write in comments regarding what he/she has done in class.
If you have any questions throughout the year, please call school at 910-7819 ext 117. My planning period is from 2:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. daily. I can also be reached through email at aholder@nettletonschools.net or at arholder2003@yahoo.com . Grades are not weighted. They are determined by dividing the total number of points earned by the student by the total number of points possible and converting the decimal into a percent. Assignment sheets are provided to the student at the beginning of each chapter and are posted on the web, which can be accessed at the school's web address (nettletonschools.net). To find my home page; go to Junior High School, teachers, and then Annette Holder, you can select additional pages by clicking on the links to the left. The three most important ones are the assignment sheets, the class rules, and the lab safety rules. The assignment sheets describe what we will be doing in class daily for each chapter. Plus, they will indicate homework assignments. The list of classroom rules and lab safety rules are also attached to this letter, as well as, a copy of the lab safety contract that must be signed and returned to me before your son/daughter will be allowed to perform any lab activity.
I also have a class blog at raiderphysicalscience.blogspot.com. I plan to post power point presentations, notes, opportunities for extra credit etc on this site. The blog will be interactive so you can leave comments regarding assignments and class happenings.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and help in providing your son/daughter the best possible physical science experience. Sincerely, Annette Holder
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
is this going to be found in your blog or wiki for parents?
p.S. deadlline for 23 things is coming soon.. you are going to finish? your excitement is wonderful...just don't want you to loose sight of the deadline.
Yes, I wanted to be able to post many different kinds of things from my school webpage onto the blog/wiki. Other hosts of blogs have different pages with these things but I haven't figured out how to do it with blogger.
And Yes I plan to finish the 23 things. I was in class last week all week and didn't have time. But I see no reason I cannot finish things 17-21 and #23.
Post a Comment