Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thing #15 Web 2.0 and others

I added "2 Cents Worth" to my blog list and I am looking forward to reading and participating in discussions generated by Mr. Warlick. I especially liked the list of 10 things one can do to improve one's technological skills and as a result assist others in making those improvements too.

I had not considered the fact that I really don't "go to the library" for research anymore. I also don't subscribe to actual periodicals either because they are online at least a large portion are. Those that aren't I look up elsewhere. I use on line tools such as epsco and wikipedia now much more so than I do an actual book. No wonder my students look at me as though I am crazy when I require "hard" research.

And let's consider some of the questions on the study skills sections of standardized tests. If yesterday's librarys are just that a thing of the past, shouldn't these tests catch up to the 21st century as well?

No comments: