Saturday, July 26, 2008

Copy & Paste from Word

Copy and paste directly from a word document doesn't work perfectly but comes close. I wonder if this will be a feasible way for students to get work they may have missed. ??? Anyone have suggestions?

2 comments:

James Gill said...

In our district we are using SharePoint, which is a microsoft product. Students login to our websites, and we can have a virtual classroom where kids can download documents like worksheets they left behind and are due the next day. I have had 4th graders use this feature. You might be able to do this with a non-secure, regular ol' website. Also, if you are lucky enough to have a projector and classroom computer, you can type up your notes, and save them to your website for those who have missed it.
Really like your blog. Keep it up!

Catherine said...

Hi!
I also teach Physical Science in 8th grade. I post documents for the kids on our wiki and more permanent links on our schools school-wires website. Homework assignments are also listed there each night. I love using a wiki to manage the classroom activities and the kids seem to like it too. Here is a link www.team8blue.wikispaces.com. We got to use a Smart Board last year and the Notebook software that comes with it was great for keeping track of notes. When we were finished taking notes for the day I would save the document as a pdf and post it on the wiki. I could print it for absent kids or they could access it from home. (Daily notes page on the wiki.)
-Cathy