Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving? I have been pondering that off and on all day today. Aside from the really awesome food, the time off from work, and sleeping in, I think there must be something more. Something meaningful, Something other than eating until I hurt. Something other than a few extra hours of sleep.

Now that I have a child, I really think it is spending more time with my family. I see all my aunts and uncles how they have aged. I see my cousins and their kids and I am very thankful for the time we have together. I pray that we have more of these moments to share. Whether it is time spent debating who should have been in the World Series or discussing the woes of retirement or even those quiet relaxed moments of just being, knowing that I am accepted for me.

So, what is your favorite part of Thanksgiving.

No comments: