Saturday, November 22, 2008

How Exciting

Two posts on my last blog entry...after months of nothing..and now I feel inspired to write something else.

First thanks
Kobus my Plurk friend in South Africa...WOW how strange does that feel to say the word friend and a place that is 1/2 a world away in the same sentence.

Secondly, at the ACC conference I presented my idea of Survivor Island. Each semester my students compete in several challenges that assist them in reviewing for semester tests. I will embed my powerpoint that will show a sample.
During the presentation I had the attendees construct a roller coaster made of 2 pieces of pipe insulation cut in half lengthwise forming a chanel for the marble to roll through. Additional criteria including a drop-in, a loop, and 3 hills. Plus, the marble had to take 3 secs. to roll through from beginning to end.

Jitterbug was a really cool activity that can be found at the Exploratorium website . Then search Jitterbug for the pdf that gives the instructions for making the critter. Sorry, I don't have a picture of it but will try to remember to take one and post it next week.

No comments: