I attended the Arkansas Curriculum Conference on Thursday and Friday. I presented on Thursday the experience was awesome. Wasn't nervous after I got going which surprises me. I will probably do this again in the future if someone will accept my application.
The worst session I attended was the one on 21st century learning. I felt it was billed as teaching students through the use of technology but alas it was a salesman trying to sell his equipment and he wasn't even enthusiastic about his product. Wish I had skipped that one. The best was called Getting Physical. In this one several science specialists presented several Physical Science Activities. My favorite of these was the Jitterbug.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tell us about your session...what did you talk about?
It IS a great feeling when your information creates a buzz isn't it?
Can we see more about the jitterbug and other science stuff anywhere? Are the conference sessions posted publicly somewhere?
It is indeed sad when vendors try to use conference space for marketing purposes; it wastes everyone's time. They have their trade shows to display their wares.
Glad I found your blog!
Post a Comment