Saturday, August 2, 2008

Arkansas Education Technology Conference

I got back home late last night from a two day technology conference held in Rogers Arkansas. It started off on a sour note. I sent in pre-registration in early July but my name tag wasn't ready, then the first session of the morning on "Wikis and Threaded Discussions" cancelled due to "technical difficulties." Wasn't that ironic?

The next several sessions I went to were pretty good. I learned a lot and have some practicing to do so that I can present my ideas to my principal and implement some new long term projects for my students. On Friday, I went to one on podcasting and learned how easy it is to podcast though I still don't have a microphone to actually do it. I will link to the site they used in a bit. I have to look up the url.

More coming soon. DS is needing attention from a mom who was gone for three days...Should have known better than to try to blog while he was awake.


The three best workshops I attended were of course too short. I could have stayed there all day. I will post the Web 2.0 tools that Ms. Hart presented when she emails her document to me or I get a chance to retype it. I have already mentioned my favorite, the podcasting, and I also attended one on how to use cameras in the classroom. Like I said before these were too short and waaaayyyyyy too much information to process at once. I will have to go back through my notes and play with the new things I learned and then post on what I have been able to internalize.

If you are interested in attending next year's conference check the Arkansas Science Teachers Association website for information.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Annette

I got me a 10 dollar mike and it works fine. I got it from walmart..I am going to upload my first podcast tomorrow. Hope all goes well

Mrs. Holder said...

I will be interested to hear/see how it goes for you. I priced them yesterday and will be getting me one today. ;)